Urgent warning about health drink which contains industrial bleach


Government health watchdogs yesterday issued an urgent warning about a ‘miracle’ health drink that contains industrial strength BLEACH.

Hundreds of thousands of bottles of Miracle Mineral Solution have been sold worldwide after it claimed to cure illnesses including cancer and Malaria.

But its desperate users have suffered agonising bouts of nausea and diarrhoea after taking just a few drops of the fluid.

Shockingly, the health drink contains 28 per cent sodium chlorite solution – the equivalent to industrial strength bleach and six times the amount in a bottle of Domestos.

The Food Standards Agency has now warned people who have bought the drink to throw it away after Trading Standards received complaints.

A spokesperson said: ”If you look at a bottle of Domestos that’s just 4.5 per cent sodium chlorite.

”The simple fact is not how this solution is taken but that you just shouldn’t be drinking bleach full stop.

”We were alerted to the solution after a local authority received a complaint from somebody who had drank it.

”Sodium Chlorite is bleach. Bleach is not on the approved list of foods and it shouldn’t be sold as a food supplement.”

Miracle Mineral Solution is sold over the internet by a man who gives his name as ”Jim Humble”.

A bottle of the liquid costs $21.98 and users must mix it with citric acid.

They are advised to slowly increase their dosage up to 15 drops four times a day.

Makers of the liquid claim that the solution can cure a range of illnesses including Hepatitis, cancer, Crohns disease, the flu, herpes and TB.

But side-effects include severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, dehydration and reduced blood pressure.

If the solution is taken in large enough doses the sodium chlorite could be fatal.

It is the equivalent of drinking industrial strength bleach.

An FSA spokesperson added: ”This product is being sold as an oral supplement and is also known as Miracle Mineral Supplement.

”If you have any of this product you should throw it away. If you have consumed MMS and feel unwell you should consult your doctor.

”Micracle Mineral Solution is a 28 per cent sodium chlorite solution which is equivalent to industrial-strength bleach.

”If the solution is diluted less than instructed, it could cause damage to the gut and red blood cells, potentially resulting in respiratory failure.

”MMS is available via the Internet. The FSA is warning local authorities that this product should not be on sale. If you are aware of MMS being sold in retail outlets, you should contact your local authority trading standards department.”

Nobody from Miracle Mineral Solutions was available for comment.


  1. I don’t know how this guy is still able to sell his product. That’s criminal!

    On a side note, anybody who believes that a mineral solution can cure herpes, malaria, cancer, etc would gladly be welcomed by Darwin in the afterlife.

  2. Don’t knock it til you’ve tired it, I have3 cured skin cancers with this, and a friend cured his Athlete’s foot that he suffered with for years and nothing else had helped. Jim Humble (in fact his real name) has cured over 75,000 cases of malaria – that’s better results than Big Pharm gets with any of their drugs – why do you think they and the FDA are in cahoots to get this out of the hands of the public? don’t be a sheep – wake up! Just because they’re “the authorities” does not mean they have the public’s interests at heart.

    • I call shenanigans on your claims about skin cancer. In repsonse to your claim about it clearing up athlete’s foot, no duh! Athlete’s foot is mainly fungi. Bleach…kills…fungi….

      • I happen to be a healthcare professional, and it was my squamous cell skin cancer (I’ve suffered with this for years) and I would know if it was cured or not….so I have facts and personal experience to substantiate my statements.

  3. For what it’s worth, from Wikipedia:

    The main application of sodium chlorite is the generation of chlorine dioxide for bleaching and stripping of textiles, pulp, and paper. It is also used for disinfection of a few municipal water treatment plants after conversion to chlorine dioxide.[citation needed] An advantage in this application, as compared to the more commonly used chlorine, is that trihalomethanes (such as chloroform) are not produced from organic contaminants.[citation needed]

    Sodium chlorite, NaClO2, sometimes in combination with zinc chloride, also finds application as a component in therapeutic rinses, mouthwashes,[1][2] toothpastes and gels, mouth sprays,[3] as a teat dip for control of mastitis in dairy cattle,[4] and also in contact lens cleaning solution under the trade name Purite. Under the brand name Oxine it is used for sanitizing air ducts and HVAC/R systems and animal containment areas (walls, floors, and other surfaces).

    Short story – it’s used for a lot of things and appears to already be in many of the products that we use daily. Methinks the UK-based FSA was making a mountain out of a molehill. One can kill oneself with any manner of products if proper instructions are not followed.

    BTW, this agency was abolished on July 12th 2010 —


    So much for veracity. The sky is not ready to fall …

    • All of those products you listed are not for direct consumption. Hopefully you don’t eat toothpaste or drink mouth wash. Also, the levels of sodium chlorite in these products are probably like 1% or less, for the bathroom products anyway. All of the other stuff you listed would be classified as industrial applications. Don’t forget to take your droplets!

      • Lunar, you are absolutely correct — these products are NOT for direct consumption, any more than something like Alka-Seltzer is to be taken orally without water. Following printed instructions and using basic common sense is always indicated.

        As for toothpaste, you’ve doubtless noticed the labeling on the back of the tube that directs the use to call a poison control center if toothpaste is swallowed. One of the ingredients in most toothpaste products is flouride, a known carcinogen. It’s also in the water supplies of many cities. Information about its effects on the human body is readily available on the web.

        I don’t believe it’s quite as black and white as you make it out to be …


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here