Man, 22, charged with murder after Georgia Williams’ body found dumped at beauty spot

Georgia Williams went missing from her home in Shropshire on Sunday evening
Georgia Williams went missing from her home in Shropshire on Sunday evening
Georgia Williams went missing from her home in Shropshire on Sunday evening
Georgia Williams went missing from her home in Shropshire 

A man arrested in connection with the disappearance of Georgia Williams was has been charged with her MURDER after her body was found dumped in woodland at a beauty spot in Wales.

Jamie Reynolds, 22, was originally arrested on suspicion of kidnapping Georgia but this was upgraded to a murder investigation on Thursday.

Yesterday West Mercia Police announced a member of the public had discovered the body of the police officer’s daughter at 2pm yesterday at Nant-y-Garth pass near Wrexham, north Wales.

They confirmed evidence had also emerged which confirmed the teenager died at an address in her home town of Wellington, Shrops.

Reynolds will appear before Telford Magistrates Court on Saturday morning.

Superintendent Malik said: “During our enquiries, sadly, late yesterday afternoon new evidence came to light that proved Georgia was deceased and that she died at an address in Wellington.

“For obvious legal reasons, particularly to ensure that future court proceedings are not jeopardised, we are not able to reveal further information about this evidence at this time.

“However, I can now confirm that the body of a female was found earlier this afternoon – at around 2pm – in woodland off the Nant-y-Garth pass near Wrexham.

‘The body has not yet been formally identified but early indications suggest that the discovery relates to our investigation into the disappearance of Georgia Williams.

“Georgia’s family have been kept fully informed of all the recent developments and this has only added to the devastation they are feeling about this week’s events.

“I would like to ask that their privacy is respected so that they can attempt to come to terms with the events of the past few days.

“Although all investigations of this nature are extremely difficult, it is fair to say that this case has proved particularly challenging for all the officers and staff involved.

“We are totally committed to every investigation we launch but dealing with events that directly affect a colleague and fellow member of the policing family – especially one that many of us know so well – is unusual and has proved extremely tough and emotional for everyone.

“Although there is much more work to do on this case, I would like to thank the whole investigative team for all their efforts up to this point, especially in what have been very trying circumstances.

“Finally, on behalf of the investigative team, I‘d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that came forward with information as a result of our appeals and I’d also like to thank the press for their support and understanding during this investigation so far.”

Earlier in the day a service was held at All Saints Parish Church, Wellington, where 50 fiends all lit candles during a 30 minute prayer service for the missing teenager.

Pals sobbed as pictures of Georgia scrolled through on an overhead projector.

Reverend Mark Ireland read passages from the Bible and added: “I choose to read these psalms as they help to bring words when words are hard to find.

“I am proud so many young people were prepared to pray, and get together in support for their missing friend.”

As friends left the church, some wrote message to her in a tribute book.

One read: “Hope your happy, safe and well, and return to your family and friends with smiles.”

Another said: “Come home soon Georgia safe and sound.

“We are all missing you terribly and will never give up.”

Another simply said: “Love you loads ferret, come home soon.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here