Boxing fan mysteriously disappears after going to watch bout in Monaco

Michael Graydon with his son Reuben (SWNS)
Michael Graydon with his son Reuben (SWNS)

Fears are growing for a British father who has gone missing in Monaco after travelling to the country to watching a boxing match.

Michael Graydon, 29, jetted out to the tax haven to watch a high profile fight with his close friend, Adrian O’Connor.

But Michael has not been seen since the pair were involved in a row on Friday evening before they were separated.

Michael, who has 18-month-old son Reuben with girlfriend Kira Billiau, didn’t turn up for the fight the following day, nor his flight home on Sunday at 1pm.

Concerned family members have now flown out to Monaco in a bid to help track him down.

Michael and Adrian went out together to the famous La Rascasse nightclub on Friday night and family members say they became involved in a dispute.

They left the club separately and Michael has not been seen since around 1.40am.

His family are still unclear as to what exactly happened in the club, but Michael’s cousin Lydia Ball, 28, said she believed the pair had been chased after leaving the nightclub.

She said: “We aren’t sure exactly what happened but there was some kind of dispute and I think they were chased in different directions.

“Adrian went back to the hotel and thought he’d see Michael at the fight but when he didn’t turn up he started to worry.

“Michael is a boxing promoter, boxing is his life and his career and the whole reason for the trip to Monaco.

“He paid #500 for tickets so everyone is really worried that he didn’t turn up.”

No-one has heard from Michael, from Stockwood, Bristol, since Friday and relatives say his mobile phone has been switched off.

He did not turn up to the boxing match at Salle des Etoiles on Saturday night, which he had flown out to watch.

The #500-a-ticket match saw watch British boxer Haskins beat French fighter Omar Lamiri to win the EBU bantamweight boxing title.

He was due to fly home to the UK at 1pm on Sunday afternoon, but did not turn up to the airport for his flight.

No-one has heard from him since Friday and relatives say his mobile phone has been switched off.
Lydia added: “Kira and Jane have flown out to Monaco. They just want to do everything they can to help find him.

“When he didn’t turn up at the airport we all began to panic. We just want to know he is safe and well.

“It’s really out of character for him. His son is only one-and-a-half, so there’s no way he would go days without ringing to check on him.”

Kira and Jane spent Monday afternoon looking at CCTV footage with police in Monaco from the night Michael disappeared.

It is thought that police are now planning to dredge a nearby river as the search continues.

Michael was last seen wearing a light blue shirt, a dark blazer and dark trousers. He was staying at the Marriott Hotel in Cap d’Ail.

A Facebook page called “Missing in Monaco Michael Graydon” has now been set up to try and help find Michael. It has already received more than 3,000 likes.

Police in Monaco have been informed and Interpol and the foreign office are aware of the disappearance.

A spokesperson for the Foreign Office said: “We can confirm that a British national was reported missing in France on 22 February 2015.

“We are providing consular assistance.”

A spokesperson for Avon and Somerset Police added: “We have been informed of the disappearance and an investigation is ongoing.”

Anyone with any information of Michael’s whereabouts should contact police on 101.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here