Controversial American pastor Terry Jones has vowed to get around his UK ban – by sending his SON to spread his message.
Dr Jones, 58, who threatened to burn the Koran, was invited by far-right group England Is Ours to speak at rallies in Milton Keynes, Bucks., in February.
His bid was scuppered when Home Secretary Theresa May banned him from visiting Britain amid widespread outrage about his anti-Islamic rants.
So Jones is sending his son Luke, 29, who is also a pastor at the small evangelical church, the Dove World Outreach Centre in Florida, to speak on his behalf.
Councillor for Milton Keynes Janet Irons said it would be a ”bad idea” for pastor Luke Jones or his father to visit.
She said: ”I do not want him here, we have a large Muslim community, especially in my ward of Wolverton. It is just provocation, he’s just a problem and a nuisance.
”It would be a retrograde step if he came here, of course I support free speech, but this is just to stir things up.”
Dr Jones said his son has no intention of ”causing a disturbances’.
He said: ”We are of course disappointed, but not totally surprised. We are currently taking action and hope the Government will reconsider its decision and lift the ban.
”If the ban is not lifted, we will send my son, Luke, who will do the rallies and the speeches.
”His message would not be much different. We had no intentions of causing a disturbance or disobeying the law of the land.
”I think it is very unfair, it is against freedom of speech and my human rights not to be able to travel.
”But we have spoken to England is Ours and we are of the opinion that it would be equally as good, if not better, if Luke visited in view of what has happened.”
Dr Jones was invited to Milton Keynes by local activists England is Ours to share his views on Islam.
Secretary Barry Taylor, from England is Ours, said he is happy to welcome Luke.
”He has exactly the same views and has written exactly the same sorts of things. He’s a very confident guy, younger and more dynamic if anything.”
Dr Jones stirred up outrage last year when he threatened to burn copies of the Koran on the anniversary of 9/11.
He was formally banned from entering the UK on January 19 after Home Secretary, Theresa May, said his presence is ‘not conducive to the public good’.