Horrified Jenna Murray’s dinner from Marks and Spencer was just not any ordinary meal – it contained a dead BEETLE.
Jenna, 28, treated herself to the £3 supper of smoked mackerel, new potatoes and beetroot after a hard day at work.
The ‘Delicious and Nutritious’ range meal came with a creamy mustard and dill dressing and was ready to cook.
Single Jenna had eaten half of it when her fork uncovered the inch-long black bug lying under the remainder.
She leapt from the table in disgust and dashed to her bathroom where she was physically sick.
Jenna returned the food with bug to the store in Camden, North London, the following day where she was given her money back.
She has since received a #15 voucher as ‘a goodwill gesture’ from the High Street giant while they investigate.
Jenna, of Camden, said: “It was horrible – a beetle at least an inch long.
“It was ironic that it was part of their ‘Delicious & Nutritious’ range.
“I was mid-way through it when I found it and I was physically sick.
“I took it back as soon as I could the next day and to be honest I still felt sick and didn’t want to be in there for any longer than necessary.
“They took my details and said they would send it off to head office.
“I’ve not been able to eat anything from Marks and Spencer since.”
Leave a Reply