An Indian takeaway has been given a formal caution after a shocked customer found a used medical PLASTER in his onion bhaji.
The diner was horrified when he tucked into his starter and discovered a blue first aid plaster inside.
He complained to Pappadoms in Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, and reported the incident to North Somerset Council.
Owner Sayed Ahmed, who has run the takeaway for 13 years, was cautioned after being charged with three counts of contravening and failing food safety regulations.
He said the plaster had come from a new member of staff who was rolling bhajis without gloves, who been sacked because of the incident.