Rainbow after she suffered serious burns to her eye after a laundry tablet burst in her face. A mum feared her baby daughter would go blind after a washing machine capsule burst in her face - leaving her with horrific burns to her eye and face. See NTI story NTIEYE. Simone Jones, from Irthlingborough, Northants, said her daughter Rainbow 'screamed the most horrific scream ever' after the tablet popped and sprayed into both her eyes. The 27-year-old beauty therapist said the tragic accident happened when she turned her back for a few seconds while serving up dinner and Rainbow managed to reach inside a child-locked cupboard. After pulling a single laundry tablet through a small gap in the cupboard at their family home, it quickly popped and the liquid spread over the one-year-old girl's eyes and face. Simone, who has knowledge of first aid, frantically tried to wash the liquid from her baby's eyes before rushing her to Kettering General Hospital. But despite the doctors cleaning her eyes further, they told Simone that Rainbow had 95 per cent burns to the cornea in her left eye - after the protective layer was stripped off - and 5 per cent to the right.