We are proud to announce the launch our new ‘Let’s Eat Together’ Children’s Placemat in the USA and the UK.
This year our focus is on family ‘togetherness’ and with this in mind we have created a product that brings families together at mealtimes. We all like to see well behaved children in restaurants and have confidence our children will behave appropriately at mealtimes. What is the best way to teach this? Simple! Eat together at a table at home.
However, increasing research shows the simple act of eating together can be difficult to achieve in our busy, modern day lives, resulting in children ending up with such poor eating habits that elementary and primary schools are having to teach children how to use a knife and fork.
To help parents and carers maximise their children’s mealtime experience, we have created the fun, double-sided ‘Let’s Eat Together’ placemat which comes with a dry-erase pen. Suitable for 3 years upwards, side one of the placemat provides children with a check-off system to help them learn their table manners and side two provides fun, communication activities for the whole table to play after a meal.
Finding the time to eat together at least 5 to 6 times a week (for breakfast, lunch or dinner) brings numerous benefits for a family, in particular the children:
- It is the perfect opportunity to communicate and bond with one another.
• It encourages a screen-free time.
• Children are more likely to try new food and finish their meals.
• Children learn to eat properly with their knife, fork and spoon.
• Sitting upright at a table is the best position for food to digest.
• But, most importantly, it is where young children learn etiquette and good table manners.
Our ‘Let’s Eat Together’ Activity Placemat is available to purchase from Amazon for £8.99 at:http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AQMZZPG. Discount code ‘VCHART15′ will get 15% off.
Leave a Reply