A toddler was left with red marks around his neck after being strangled by a loose rope in an play area at a holiday park.
Terrified Jimmy Cane suffered cuts and rope burn around his neck after a stray rope from the play area wrapped around his neck and choked him as he tried to go down the slide.
The three-year-old was playing at the Combe Haven Holiday Park in St Leonards, East Sussex on December 4 when he was snared by the “unsafe” rope.
Mum-of-two Rachel Mould, from Woking, Surrey, claimed her son was left traumatised by the incident and said he could of died has she not rescued him.
She said: “He could’ve died if we hadn’t been there. My doctor was nearly in tears with shock as the photos really are awful.
“I’m just glad we’ve got smartphones these days to get evidence of what was happening.”
She said her son managed to break free and she called out for help – but reps at the park failed to find a first aid kit and told her the manager wasn’t available.
Ms Mould left a note for the manager explaining what had happened along with her phone number but didn’t receive a call the following day.
She eventually called the manager who she claimed ‘kept trying to change the topic and showed little care for what had happened’.
Ms Mould added: “She showed no remorse or concern at all and I just felt it’s such a let down.”
She was staying in a caravan in the holiday park with Jimmy and his four-year-old sister Chloe.
Rachel, who rents a caravan at the seaside site, said: “I pay £5,000 a year to rent a caravan there and the place is going to hell big time and now my son has been injured in their soft play area.
“I need to hold them up on it. It’s a big greedy company who don’t want to spend money on safety.”
A Combe Haven spokesman said: “We are aware of the matter and currently an investigation is taking place.”
Leave a Reply