A three-year-old boy saved his mum’s life by dialling 999 and explaining she was having an epileptic fit.
Charlie Tarsey was on his own with his mother Sue, 47, when she collapsed in her bedroom and started having a series of fits.
The quick-thinking youngster called the emergency services and said “mummy isn’t feeling well” before explaining she was bleeding and directing the ambulance to her home.
Luckily Charlie’s older sister Danielle, 27, arrived at the house at the same time as the paramedics and let them in as Charlie is not tall enough to reach the door handle.
Proud mum Sue, from Herne Bay, Kent, today said she was amazed Charlie had been able to organise the emergency services as he has only just learnt how to have conversations.
She said: “I told him how proud of him I was and how big he was.
“He now runs round saying how big he is.
“The emergency staff couldn’t believe it when they found out he was three.
“I had phoned the ambulance staff earlier in the day and my daughter was on the way but there could have been consequences if Charlie didn’t act the way he did.
“It could have been a lot worse – you just don’t know.
“It was the first time he was by himself when I had a fit. I have had one in front of him before but my boyfriend was there at the time.
“No one believed him – they thought he was telling them fibs. He was so calm, I was told, and wasn’t crying at all.
“What shocked us the most is that he has just started having conversations. He is bright in other ways but he has only started talking and that is what has surprised people so much.
“I can’t remember much of what happened but it has just touched my heart. We are all so proud of him – he is my little superstar.”
Nikki Finnis, from Charlie’s nursery Poppy’s Children Centre, said: “He has come such a long way for someone who only started speaking in September.
“Everyone at the nursery is really proud of him.”
Leave a Reply