Spring is a season of change. This is, of course, true for all seasons but Spring brings with it a feeling of possibility. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that during Spring flowers bloom, the days grow lighter and a sense of colour seems to return to everyday life.
Maybe this is a somewhat romanticised notion but yet you want to go about it, Spring seems to entail a lot of people deciding to redecorate their homes for example. To what extent, may differ but there is usually an idea of wanting to start fresh and that is often accompanied by a trip to the nearest furniture store or a visit to a DIY site online.
In Spring it’s also time for Easter. This holiday often includes delicious food, fun games, spending time with friends and family and most importantly, decorating your home. Here are 5 things you can do to add a little Spring to your home.
In with the old and out with the new, or out with the old and in with the new?
- Start small and work your way up – sometimes making a big change can seem a bit daunting. That’s why it’s good to perhaps start small and work your way up. One way of incorporating this mindset while gearing up for Spring is to simply bring some flowers into your home. Not just some flowers and plants, but plenty of them. Choose green ones as a base and for oxygen and then add colourful ones where you feel they fit best. Don’t forget to also bring in some fresh ones, the scent will add a bit of fragrance as well.
2. It’s time to celebrate – as mentioned, Spring is also when we welcome Easter into our homes. This in itself is the perfect opportunity to add a little bit of colour to your current scheme. Colour and lovely decorations created to brighten up the festivities. Although you might already have some beautiful alternatives, there are several places online where you can find Easter decorations for every household and it is great fun to search for new additions. The best part is that you can keep much of the colour additions even after the celebrations are done.
3. Try the vintage route – sometimes it’s not necessarily about bringing in new additions so much as bringing back things that you might have had in storage for a while. Or that perhaps someone else has had in storage for a while. Opting for vintage is a great way to sustainably freshen up your home while still feeling as if you have made a positive change. Maybe you usually have a very modern outlook when it comes to your decorating tastes, then this could be the perfect way to introduce something new, that is old but new, well, you understand the gist.
4. Turn it around – another way of using what is already in place is to simply move things around. You will be surprised to realise how much difference that will make in a room. Spring is about bringing in freshness and by simply moving some furniture around or removing some of the pieces, it is a quick and easy way to make significant changes. If you have the possibility, perhaps utilise more of your natural light sources. Have fun playing around with different options!
5. Create your own artwork – another great way to prepare your home for Spring is to create your own artwork. This is a fun and exciting way to add even more personality to your decorating scheme and you can choose to be as elaborate or as modest as you prefer. Perhaps start with something small or, if you are feeling particularly brave, go for a floor to ceiling canvas. Choose the colours that most speak to you and create something wonderfully abstract. Or if you are a skilled artist, perhaps a portrait!
The time to start redecorating is now
Easter is a good occasion to start redecorate. Purchasing some new decorations, trying the vintage route, moving some existing furniture around are some ways to welcome Spring into your home and they create an air of freshness and light. Spring is a wonderful season for change, and you can do a lot with small means. Choose your own way of welcoming Spring this year and enjoy the results all the way until summer.