This is the hilarious moment a teenage tourist tucked into an ice cream only for a greedy SEAGULL to swoop – and wrench it from his MOUTH.
The unlucky youngster was just about to bite into the vanilla cone as he walked around a seaside town.
He bought the cornet in a shop and headed-off with his pals – unaware he was heading down a street known as “seagull alley”.
The lad was about to enjoy his first bite when a brazen bird swooped down and grabbed the sugary treat with its beak.
The seagull then flew off with the ice cream – leaving the stunned teenage with a shocked look on his face.
Locals in Newquay, Cornwall, say similar scenes happen every day in the resort’s Bank Street – nicknamed seagull alley.
One onlooker said: ”It was hilarious but the kid got one hell of a shock. I think it freaked him out.
”He was laughing and joking withy his mates, walking down the road having a nice time on a sunny day.
”He was just about to start eating his cone when this massive bird came down and literally took it out of his mouth.”
The birds lie in wait as people emerge from cafes and takeaways before helping themselves to their sanies, chips, ice creams and pasties.
Attacks have increased in recent weeks as gulls scour the tourist hotspot for food for their newly-hatched chicks.
Residents say the birds have become so aggressive they will peck and harass people until they relinquish their grub.
Andy Pearson, an assistant manager at the resort’s Central Inn bar, said: “We have problems with the gulls throughout the summer.
“They come down to steal food on plates. Plates and glasses are smashed as they swoop down.”
Cafe owner Andy Cole added: “There are always gulls sitting around watching and waiting to pounce on food.”
Cornwall Council says people should not feed the gulls and avoid eating in public places.
A spokesman said: “Most gulls are protected by law from any interference or action to control them and, as a wild species, the birds have free access to open spaces.
“We advise people not to encourage gulls by feeding them and to avoid eating in public areas where gulls are present.”