Thirsty Robyn Hills swigged from a bottle of supermarket coke and almost swallowed a rubber glove finger floating in it.
The 13 year-old spat out the drink in disgust when she felt something odd touch her lips.
She screamed and checked the two-litre bottle and saw part of a plastic surgical glove floating inside.
Robyn took the bottle of Lidl’s own 45p Freeway brand diet coke to her mum Emma who has reported the store to council health chiefs.
Disgusted Emma, 35, a hotel housekeeper from Wellingborough, Northants., said: “I was horrified when Robyn told me.
“Plastic gloves are supposed to protect hygiene standards – not terrify customers.
“When we first looked at the bottle we were worried it was a human finger.
“And when we found out it was part of a glove we were still disgusted.
“I always told Robyn never to drink from the bottle. I bet she won’t do it again now.”
Robyn said: “When I saw what was in there I felt sick, it was so gross, I just saw the finger floating in there and it looked like jelly.
“I had a tummy ache this morning so I was worried I’d swallowed some of it.”
The coke was bought from Lidl’s branch in Rushden, Northants.
East Northamptonshire Council’s Environmental Health department said they were investigating.
A spokeswoman for Lidl UK said: “We can assure our customers of the strict quality control processes we have in place with our suppliers and we take these matters extremely seriously.
“We would ask that Ms Noble contacts Lidl UK in the first instance to arrange the return of the packaging and the foreign object so that we may begin all relevant investigations into this, along with our supplier.”