Chuck Norris, the martial arts star more famous these days for the ‘Chuck Norris Facts’ internet jokes, has officially been made a Texas Ranger.
Having played one of the Lone Star State police officers in TV Series Walker, Texas Ranger, 70-year-old Chuck was yesterday awarded an honorary badge By Texan Governor Rick Perry.
The hardman starred in the CBS series for nine seasons throughout the nineties. It gained cult status for its camp content and over-the-top martial arts sequences.
He enjoyed renewed popularity through the ‘Chuck Norris Facts’ phenomenon, where internet users make up absurd fictional facts about his heroism. Chuck has stated he finds the jokes funny and is not offended by them.
Top Five Chuck Norris facts:
1. Chuck Norris doesn’t do push-ups, he pushed the world down.
2. Chuck Norris doesn’t breathe, he holds air hostage.
3. Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird.
4. Death once had a near-Chuck Norris experience
5. When Chuck Norris pokes you on Facebook, you feel it.