Postman jailed for growing cannabis at home and dealing it on his ROUNDS

Potman pot Syval Morris delivered cannabis on his rounds
Potman pot Syval Morris delivered cannabis on his rounds
Potman pot Syval Morris delivered cannabis on his rounds
Potman pot Syval Morris delivered cannabis on his rounds

A postman has been jailed for dealing drugs on his rounds, growing cannabis at his home and stealing from thousands of undelivered packages.

Syval Morris, 35, set up mini drug factories in his house and his mother’s and stole cash and gift cards from a mass of undelivered mail.

Police started investigating him after a tip-off that he was dealing drugs on his rounds in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.

Two months later they were called to a domestic incident at his home and found 91 plants capable of producing cannabis worth thousands.

Morris, a postie for 13 years, was jailed for three years after he admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply, growing cannabis, theft, and failing to deliver post.

Recorder David Evans told him: “This is a very sad case because you are 35, you have no significant criminal history, and you had a good job as a postman for many years.

“Before these offences came to light there was no indication that you were anything other than a decent man and you have, through your own actions, thrown that all away.

“You were in a position that requires the highest levels of integrity. You are entrusted with what people wish to send privately to each other and it may be valuable.”

Bristol Crown Court heard when police raided his home in the Whitehall district of the city they found thousands of cards, letters and parcels he had failed to deliver.

Morris had opened 326 of them in a bid to find cash or gift vouchers.

In addition there were thousands of door-to-door leaflets the Royal Mail are paid to deliver by businesses such as Domino’s Pizza.

Police then went to the home of Morris’s mother and brother and found another cannabis factory which he kept secret from his family.

Andrew Banks, prosecuting for the Royal Mail, said Morris was suspended in February and had now lost his job.

He said a Royal Mail investigation had unearthed thousands of undelivered packages and leaflets going back as far as eight months.

Katie Jenkins, defending, said Morris had become stressed by work and the breakdown of his relationship.

She said: “These offences were all completely out of character and he is genuinely remorseful.”

Morris also admitted an attempted burglary in St George, Bristol, in April and assaulting a police officer during his arrest.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here