Police are hunting a cruel cat killer believed to have deliberately poisoned a moggy with anti-freeze.
Devastated Emma Guy watched helplessly as four-year-old Marbles fell seriously ill after ingesting the deadly toxic substance.
Her tomcat was left paralysed and vomiting green stomach acid before eventually dying of kidney failure.
A post-mortem revealed the cat died of ethylene glycol poisoning – a chemical found in antifreeze.
Animal welfare officers are now searching for the culprit and believe they may be responsible for another cat death in the area earlier this year.
RSPCA Inspector Jo Daniel said: ”Until we find the source of the poison, we cannot rule out the possibility that this was a deliberate attempt to harm an animal.
”I would urge anyone who has any relevant information to get in touch with the RSPCA so we can prevent any more cats from suffering.”
Miss Guy, from the village of Stogursey, Somerset, says she is now ”too scared” to let her other two cats out of the house.
She has resorted to buying the most expensive cat food in an attempt to stop them eating something harmful.
”Marbles was only four years old and had so much life left in him,” she said. ”He was absolutely beautiful.
”He was different from others cats, he was something special. I want to do whatever I can to prevent this happening again.”
Miss Guy also claims a nine-month-old male cat was put down earlier this year after he developed kidney failure – consistent with antifreeze poisoning.
In 2008 up to 18 cats were killed after ingesting tanti-freeze just a few miles away in Bridgwater, Somerset.
Anyone found guilty of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal could face a maximum six-month prison sentence and a £20,000 fine under the Animal Welfare Act.
Pervert who had sex with pregnant horse released from prison early
Cat woman Mary Bale pleads guilty – gets £250 fine
Cat survives microwave, tumble dryer and freezer ordeal
Man jailed for stabbing dog to death during domestic argument
Leave a Reply