A kidnapper branded a “danger to the public” by a judge attacked a teenage girl and dragged her down an alleyway just one week after he was freed from prison early for snatching a ten-year-old girl.
Daniel Carter, 19, grabbed the terrified 16-year-old victim and threatened to kill her unless she handed over her mobile phone.
Shockingly, the attack happened just 30 minutes after Carter had met with his probation officer to discuss the terms of his early release from prison.
He was let out on licence on November 9 last year after serving just half of his 32-month sentence for abducting a 10-year-old girl in a park.
Carter, who was high on drugs and booze, held the girl hostage for 20 minutes while her frantic parents searched for her.
After he was caged, his parents issued a statement begging the judge to order him to serve the whole sentence.
But on November 16 – just seven days after he was freed from prison – he launched a terrifying attack on the teenage girl.
Carter was jailed for a further 32 months after he pleaded guilty to attempted robbery at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court on Monday.
Caging him, Judge Granville Styler branded Carter a “danger to the public”.
He told him: “This is a serious matter. It was a terrifying incident for this young 16-year-old to be attacked at night by you.
“You have a previous serious matter involving a 10-year-old child who you abducted.
“You were on licence for that and were only released a few days previously, and this is how you react.
“You pose a danger to the public. This was a second attack on a female child.”
The court heard Carter, from Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffs., was originally sentenced to 32 months in a young offenders’ institute after kidnapping a girl in July 2011.
While high on a cocktail of cocaine, cannabis and booze, Carter grabbed the youngster while she played in Central Forest Park, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent.
He covered the girl’s mouth with his hand and hid in bushes for 20 minutes before threatening to slit her throat if she made a noise.
But the brave girl managed to escape when she screamed for help and her dad, who had been searching for her nearby, rushed over to find Carter trying to take pictures of her.
In the latest attack the 16-year-old was saved when three men who were walking by saw the attack and wrestled Carter off the girl before he fled.
Prosecutor David Bennett told the court: “He [Carter] said, ‘Give me your phone or I will kill you’.
“The defendant dragged the girl back for more than 10 feet before three men walked down the alleyway, realised something was wrong and intervened. The defendant ran off.”
The frightened victim was found with a sore neck and Carter’s blood on her arms and clothes.
Jason Holt, defending, described Carter as a troubled young man.
He added: “He says he struggles when he is out of prison.
“He has now got to the stage where he finds solace with a custody environment.”