TV chef Gordon Ramsay is facing a kitchen nightmare after TWICE falling foul of health inspectors over food hygiene standards.
Ramsay, 44, famous for dishing out foul-mouthed tirades, was left red-faced after a string of cock-ups at his Michelin-starred restaurant Claridges.
Environmental health inspectors found a shocking SIX major breaches of food safety during an unannounced spot-check.
The failures included the vaccum packing machine encrusted with grease, filthy refrigerators and sinks covered in mould.
One customer even complained after he found a piece of cling film in his lamb dish while eating at the exclusive Mayfair restaurant.
Shockingly, the failures came just two years after health inspectors called in pest-control experts to tackle mice and cockroaches in the kitchen.
The latest inspection, which took place on March 19, 2009, found the kitchen was a potential hot spot for ”harmful bacteria”.
It stated: ”At the time of the inspection the vacuum packing machine was engrained with grease and food debris.
”The waterproof seal around some of the sinks particularly in the pot wash area has deteriorated and is becoming affected by mould growth.
”It can no longer be thoroughly cleaned or disinfected.
”It will also allow water to accumulate between the sink and wall. Renew or repair the seal.”
Alarmingly, health inspectors also warned of cross-contamination from incorrectly stacked chopping boards used to cut different meats.
The inspector wrote: ”You [restaurant bosses] must ensure that food is protected from contamination.
”A complaint has recently been investigated regarding a lamb dish which was allegedly contaminated by cling film.
”At the time of the visit the coloured chopping boards in the main kitchen were being stacked on top of one another.
”Harmful bacteria from raw meat and poultry can spread from chopping boards and knives to other foods.
”Avoid stacking the different colour boards on top of one another particularly the red and yellow boards as one is used for raw meat prep and the other for cooked meat preparation.”
On its website, Claridge’s boasts ”unforgettable fine dining in London’s most luxurious restaurant”.
But inspectors delivered a less glamorous verdict, saying the kitchen could attract pests and food was at risk of being ”contaminated by dirt”.
The report, released under the Freedom of Information Act, said: ”All areas where food is prepared and stored must be clean and capable of being kept clean.
”This is so that pests are not attracted into your premises and the risk of food being contaminated by dirt is minimised.
”Ensure that the food debris under the storage racking in the walk in chiller are removed and this area is maintained in a clean condition.
”I noted that some of refrigerator handles were quite greasy.
”Ensure that handles and plates on refrigerator doors are regularly cleaned to prevent cross contamination and also control the spread of colds and viruses.”
Ramsay famously reduced chefs to tears on his ‘Kitchen Nightmares’ for failing to keep their kitchen’s clean and hygienic.
A spokesperson for Gordon Ramsay Holdings said: ”This issue relates to a few minor points raised during an inspection in March 2009, which were immediately addressed by the team.
”In fact, the restaurant was awarded four stars which means the restaurant demonstrated a high standard of compliance with all food safety regulations and is awarded in recognition of a robust and thorough safety management system.”
this is three years old?
STUPID FXXXXXX article! I think he has achieved a lot and there is people with nothing trying to cause S***!
Sanitary issues in a restaurant should be given a proper attention to avoid any reputation damage. And a grease removal system will really help to avoid grease stains around the kitchen.
Wow, that’s unexpected. I mean, that’s Ramsay, the master of Hell’s Kitchen himself! How can that happen to his kitchen? I hope this problem eventually gets fixed.
Ramsay, 44, famous for dishing out foul-mouthed tirades, was left
red-faced after a string of cock-ups at his Michelin-starred restaurant