Nowadays, users have access to a whole new set of apps, websites and digital platforms that offer casino games like Blackjack, all sorts of roulettes, Texas Hold’em Poker, among others. But despite these great and numerous opportunities to have fun and make some money, there is a chance that you could end up on an unsafe place, where personal data or credit card information is stolen.
No one wants to be paranoid or feel unsecure about something like playing games and enjoying their earnings and free time, and that is why we are here: finding a safe online casino and learning some tips to avoid getting caught off guard.
What is a trusted online casino?
It sounds like a weird question, but it involves a variety of aspects that take place when it comes to consider how much secure a site or app is. Since we are referring to safe online gambling, this involves:
- Securing your personal information and your account’s data.
- Having clear terms and conditions, and offering a direct line to contact the admin if necessary.
- Having a license and certification that grants their software, games, and systems are tested and reviewed by legitimate entities.
- Offering secure banking alternatives for depositing and withdrawing.
- Getting every user through a reliable process to identify any profile and banking information.
These are some key points that any legitimate online casino has, and there are some ways to find if a site o app is trustworthy.
Things to look for in a virtual casino
As we mentioned in the last subtitle, the main factors are:
- Licenses and certifications. Are online casinos safe? Of course, but this applies to the ones that are under permanent monitoring and testing by approved entities.
Certifications like GamCare, Ecogra or SSL are related to online gambling, and help you to know that a casino is safe. This also goes for security companies and software testing authorities.
- Users authentication and registration process: it would be a bad move for an online casino to give an account to someone that is not who he or she claim to be. At the same time, it could be unsafe for you to avoid a secure process like this, because it would mean that security is not taken seriously.
So, if a casino has a deep process to identify yourself when you are first using the site or app, and even when you want to cash out, this is a good sign.
- Offering various banking options and working with many currencies: if a casino works with many banks, allows you different payment options (credit card, debit card, virtual wallets, among others), and accepts a wide variety of currencies (even crypto currencies), this can be considered as a green flag.
- Reviews: always take time to investigate and search for customer reviews. Not only because they bring clear and firsthand information to you, but because they also give sometimes recommendations on how to use the site or app, on which games are better, or even which are the weak spots of that online casino.
If you want to have a good experience gambling online, you should always look for previous customers’ experiences. This includes if an online casino’s agent or Community Managers answers the reviews and questions, and if they seem to pay attention to solve every kind of problem.
Other features that could be important
Nonetheless, there are other features that help when you are looking for a safe space to gamble and win money:
- If an online casino has a 24/7 customer support service, this indicates that they put effort to help every user, and to unravel any issue.
- Recommendation bonuses: this might look weird because at first it doesn’t sound like something that would improve security, but if your friends or relatives play in an online casino and they decide to recommend the app or site to win bonuses, between the lines this could mean that a platform is legitimate and a secure space to gamble.
- Games catalog: if an online casino has a huge amount of games, with different formats for every one of them, and renovates the catalog on a regular basis, this works as an indicator that the administrators of that casino are active, they pay attention to the users, and the try to enhance the site or app, and to bring a better gambling experience.