This was the dramatic moment a double-decker bus overheated and EXPLODED into flames on one of the hottest days of the year.
Plumes of smoke were visible from miles around as emergency services rushed to the westbound carriageway of the A361, near Tiverton, Devon.
Fortunately the bus was out of service carrying only the driver, who escaped Wednesday’s blaze unharmed.
Eyewitness George Burt, 20, said: “We were driving in the opposite direction when we saw this huge column of smoke.
“We slowed right down and saw this bus completely engulfed in flames. I have never seen anything like it. Surely the heat had something to do with it.”
Tiverton Station Commander Darryn Palk said: “The Stagecoach double-decker bus was driving along with a police car following it and the police officer saw something go bang and then it caught fire. We’re not sure what caused it as yet.”