SWNS_POISON_PALM_05

The Groupon advert for a king sago palm. See SWNS story SWPOISON; A woman ordered a popular garden plant from Groupon and it killed one of her dogs and left the second fighting for life. Gill McClung, 47, paid £29.99 for two king sago palms without realising they contain a toxin that is highly-poisonous to animals. The only warning on the packaging said ‘not for consumption, for decorative use’ and Gill put one in a pot in her garden and gave the second to a neighbour. But it gave off an aroma that attracted both her dogs Harley, a three year-old border collier and Kruz, a husky aged six, who pulled it out and started eating it.

Recent News