Little Jay Watson who was left in agony after surgical glue applied to a head wound dripped into his eye leaving him unable to see. The family of a boy says he was left with his eye glued shut for five days, after a member of medical staff allowed glue to get into it his eye while he was being treated for a head injury. See NTI story NTIEYE. Four-year-old Jay Watson was taken to the Alexandra Hospital in Redditch, by his grandmother Jayne Gilder and mum Jo Watson, after cutting his head at a soft play area in Worcester. Staff at the hospital decided to glue the cut rather than use stitches. But his family claimed that after laying him down for the procedure to be carried out, glue dripped from his head and into his eye. Following this, his grandmother said Jay screamed in pain and claimed that the hospital sent him away in the hope that it would open on its own. Despite doctors trying to prize the eye open, Jay had to wait for the glue to slacken and the eye eventually opened after several days.