A furious driving instructor asked “do they want bodies” after cops claimed this footage “did not present a danger to anyone”.
Gerry Harrington, 56, yesterday said police of paying “lip-service” to road safety after sending them this dash-cam video.
The grandfather-of-six said the double-overtaking Nissan Juke driver came “half a second” from killing himself and the driver in an oncoming car.
He has vowed never to submit dash-cam footage to police again saying the manoeuvre near a blind bend on a country road was “10 out of 10” dangerous.
Mr Harrington branded Norfolk and Suffolk’s road policing unit’s claim there was “insufficient” evidence to prosecute for dangerous driving as an “absolute madness”.
He accused police of “hypocrisy” after receiving a letter stating his rear and front dash-cam footage “did not inconvenience anyone”.
Mr Harrington claimed he did “the job for them” after the incident at 1.50pm on September 1 left “incredulous” driver watched it with his mouth wide-open.
“That (move) ranks 10 out of 10 dangerous – to overtake before a blind bend, the man is basically playing the lottery,” he said.
“If they had hit that’s a combined speed of 90mph… undoubtedly both would die.
“Do they want bodies? Do they want to see carnage? Is that when they only take action, when someone is killed?
“This is police hypocrisy – if that had been a police car I was driving or the oncoming car was a police car I would be aghast if they never took action themselves.
“To me they are looking for an easy way out and they can move their resources elsewhere.”
He said police encouraged the public to submit dash-cam footage to help their collision investigations was “lip-service”.
“In my layman’s opinion that to me is dangerous driving, there was not thought, care or consideration for anybody but himself,” Mr Harrington said.
“Because of the advent of social media they have actually had to make out that they want this to happen (dash-cam appeals).
“I think it’s just lip-service that ‘we are seen to be doing something’ but they are not.”
Speaking of the incident in Haverhill, Suffolk,, he said: “We literally just came out of a 30 (speed limit) and started to pick speed up, but not too much as there was a blind bend.
“I looked and saw him actually gunning it to get past us… he must have been doing at least 50mph.
“I’m thinking if something comes round that corner would could be in trouble – and something did.”
He added: “I’ve known people that have lost people in RTAs (Road Traffic Accidents) and if they knew the devastation – it’s a life sentence.
“There’s got to be some justice. When a guys gets away with something like that that’s not the first time they will do it – you can bet your life that it will happen again, it’s learned behaviour.
“Even without due care and attention at least – there has to be some sanction that would make him think of not doing that again and as it is now they have got away scot-free to do it again.
“We just carried on driving. We made comments about it you would not be able to print – we were a bit shaken to be fair because you think of the consequences.
“It’s a waste of time – if that’s not dangerous driving there’s nothing else I can give.
“If that’s the benchmark and that’s not driving dangerously, unless there’s a contact or someone is actually harmed in some way in sending again, there’s no point.
“I found that letter very demeaning, I’ve been doing the job for 36 years and I’ve seen lots – not to call that dangerous or at least without due care.
“They want us to be their eyes and ears on the ground so to speak – it’s absolutely madness.
“I have great support for the police, I can understand that their resources are limited but if we have got in black-and-white – it’s not words, it’s evidence – we are doing the job for them.
“I’ve had the camera for the last three years – I’ve had a few people do some silly things but this is the only time that I have ever sent into the police and won’t be doing it again.”