A desperate dad got his arm stuck in a pub vending machine for over an hour after he reached inside to grab a child’s toy.
The man had put a £1 coin into the machine for one of his children, but it failed to deliver the promised toy and he became stuck up to the elbow after trying to pull one out.
It took five firefighters over an hour to cut the embarrassed dad free from the machine at The Crown, Claydon, near Ipswich.
He needed oxygen and was treated for shock by paramedics after he was finally released.
One drinker joked: ”He put a pound coin in the machine to get a toy for his son but the pound got stuck. So he put his arm inside and tried to grab one of the balls which have toys inside.
”People were having to step over him as he lay there on the carpet waiting for the fire crew to get there. It was all quite funny but a tad embarrassing for the poor bloke.”