Charlie Sheen’s twin sons have been handed over to his estranged wife Brooke Mueller after a court granted her a restraining order against the actor.
Their two-year-old twins, Bob and Max, were taken away from Charlie’s Beverley Hills mansion by police officers last night.
A Los Angeles judge ordered that Charlie must stay 100 yards away from Brooke after she alleged that the star was physically and verbally abusive to her.
She claimed that he had barely seen their sons in a year before taking them on Saturday and refusing to return them, and that he had knocked her unconscious and threatened to behead her.
According to court documents, Mueller stated: “On Sunday February 27 at 8.45 pm, Petitioner threatened, ‘I will cut your head off, put it in a box and send it to your mom!’
“He said, ‘If you are having this conversation taped then consider it done.’
“Last Wednesday, petitioner threatened to stab my eye with a pen knife, and spit on my feet.
“He also punched me in the arm.
“On Saturday, Petitioner removed our children from my care in violation of our custody orders.
“I have asked that he return the children to me and he refuses. I am in great fear that he will find me and attack me and I am in great fear for the children’s safety while in his care.”
Brooke admitted that she had been spending large amounts of time with her estranged husband recently and that he had offered to buy her a house in his gated LA community so he could be closer to his children.
She also took joined the Two and a Half men actor on holiday in the Bahamas with his two ‘polygamous’ live-on girlfriends, Bree Olson and Natalie Kenly.
She explained: “I did not want to go; however, I was afraid I would enrage Petitioner if I did not go.
“I did not want to anger Petitioner because I wanted a new home for the boys and I was trying my best to continue to keep Petitioner happy so that we had a better relationship for the benefit of the boys and their financial security.”
Brooke said she believed Charlie, who was previously convicted of assaulting her on Christmas day 2009, is mentally ill.
She said: “I am very concerned that petitioner is currently insane.”
Charlie denied the most recent claims during an interview with NBC, saying: “It is very colourful but no I did not.
“I invite anyone to come in and observe. There is nothing to hide, there is nothing but love, compassion and support for these children.”
The star’s very public meltdown over the past month has led to cancellation of his sitcom Two and a Half Men after he launched in to a public rant at its creator Chuck Lorre.
Yesterday he became the latest Twitter sensation, clocking up one million followers within 24 hours of joining the social networking site.