This impatient cat had to be rescued by RSPCA officers – after getting her head stuck in a tin of pet FOOD.
The hungry kitty was found by a member of the public with her head jammed in the empty can near a house in Handsworth, Birmingham.
The RSPCA was called and inspector Scott Vanes attended and took the cat to the charity’s Animal Hospital in the city.
Vets managed to remove the can from the cat using a special grease to ease it off the animal’s neck after the incident last week.
Because she was a feral cat the animal care services returned her to the area where she was found.
Inspector Vanes said: “Had this cat not been found and caught then the reality is she could have died a slow and painful death as she would not have been able to see, eat or drink.
“Before she was released we also spayed her, as part of a preventative measure as there are currently hundreds of unwanted feral cats up and down the country and we didn’t want her to fall pregnant.
“This does highlight the dangers that litter can pose to wildlife and also domestic animals.
“Incidents like this can easily be prevented if people just picked up their rubbish rather than throwing it away, and remember to squeeze cans together before throwing them away.”