This is the dramatic moment firefighters rescued a cat which had been trapped for five days – on a CHIMNEY STACK.
The hapless three-year-old moggie, called Angel, clambered 40ft up the roof of his owners house on New Year’s Eve.
Neighbours desperately tried to lure the black-and-white cat down with food and holding up toy mice but Angel refused to budge.
The fire service were called when his concerned owners realised he couldn’t get down from the chimney on the house in Telford, Shrops., on Tuesday.
After 45 minutes Shropshire Fire Service managed reached the cat using extendable ladders normally used for tall building fires.
But before they could rescue the cat it leapt off the chimney and scurried down the roof and onto a neighbouring shed.
Neighbour Cliff Bradley, 55, said: ”I think what’s happened is the fireworks on New Year’s Eve have frightened it.
”We did have quite a few fireworks that night. It climbed up from the fence and couldn’t get down.”
RSPCA animal collection officer Shaun Howden called the fire service after becoming concerned for the cat’s welfare.
He said: ”The animal wasn’t injured but was a bit scared.”