The last picture of North (left), belonging to Rosaline Corsar, 59 from Stirling, a prize-winning dog who was fatally bitten by snake last month, shown after the bite lying with Dino. January 20 2016. See Centre Press story CPSNAKE; A champion show dog has died after it was bitten by a snake in its owners back garden. Four-year-old prize-winning whippet North was attacked by an adder last month, despite the snakes rarely being spotted in the winter. It it thought the mildest December in years caused the adder to roam more than usual rather than hibernate. Distraught owner Rosaline Corsar, 59, a care assistant, is now warning other pet owners of a new winter danger from adders, which are Britain’s only venomous snakes. North was in the garden at her home in Stirling on December 22 when it was bitten, which caused noticeable swelling on the back of the dog’s front and hind leg.