A mum has condemned pranksters after her four-year-old daughter was SUPERGLUED to a toilet seat in McDonald’s.
Furious Nicole Langmead, 24, was enjoying a meal at the fast food branch when her four-year-old daughter Kaya used the loo while she waited outside.
But several minutes later the youngster emerged from the ground floor cubicle in agony saying she had been stuck on the seat.
Nicole found a strong clear adhesive – believed to be superglue – had been smeared over the seat which had ripped some skin off of Kaya’s legs.
Police are investigating and want to talk to two teenage girls who were came out of the ‘disabled and baby changing’ cubicle in Exeter, Devon, just before Kaya went in.
Nicole, 24, a full-time mother, said: “I was waiting outside the toilets with my two daughters for quite a long time.
“We were just about to give up when these two girls came out of the bathroom laughing.
“They were probably in their early teens. I didn’t think too much of it and Kaya went into the toilet.
“A short while later she came out in tears and told me that she had become stuck to the seat.”
Nicole, who was with her other daughter Nuala, 20 months, now wants to issue a warning to other parents about the possible dangers.
She said: “As a parent it is the last thing you expect. It is every mother’s worst nightmare.
“We had just ordered the food when Kaya said she wanted to use the toilet.
“But it had taken so long queueing I had to ask the staff if they were closed.
“Kaya eventually went in and was there for just a few minutes. I did not think anything of it until she came out really upset.
“She said something had hurt her bum, but it never crossed my mind it would be glue.
“I thought maybe the seat had moved or something.
“But when we checked it over there was glue everywhere.
“I was completely shocked and I then checked Kaya over to see how badly she had been marked.
“She was left in tears and the skin was ripped off the back of her legs. She has gone into the new year in shock and so sad that someone would do this to her.”
Nicole said the glue only came off her skin five days later.
“Kaya is really forgiving but I was very angry at the time,” she said.
“Now I am more just confused. I would expect an apology from those responsible and I just don’t understand why anyone would do this.
“The staff at McDonald’s were really good. We were all just shocked that people would do something like this or fund it funny.”
The incident took place around 2.30pm on New Year’s Eve and Nicole, of Exeter, has since posted a message on Facebook to those responsible.
She said: “To the two young blonde girls that thought it would be so hilarious to put super glue on the disabled and baby changing toilet in McDonald’s, I just want you to know that I am still having to console my four-year-old daughter who was unfortunate enough to use the toilet after your little prank.
“The backs of her legs and bum are red raw after the glue had stuck her to the seat and she has been in tears on and off since.
“I hope you’re proud of yourselves. Your families must be so proud.”
It is understood that police are reviewing CCTV footage from McDonald’s in a bid to trace those responsible.
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said: “We were called to the Exeter High Street McDonalds just after 2.30pm on Thursday after reports of criminal damage to the downstairs toilets.
“We would like to talk to two girls were on the scene shortly before the incident.”
One of the girls is described as white with shoulder length brown hair and was wearing an Adidas tracksuit. The other is white with long blonde hair and was wearing a red and white check shirt and blue skinny jeans. Both are thought to be aged 16 to 18.
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, quoting crime reference 089567/15.