Video dominates the internet and is forecast to grow strongly into the future.
The fact that you are reading this article probably means you know how powerful video is. Perhaps you need a little more information before deciding to pay another company to lovingly craft an effective, professional and engaging video for you.
So here goes, 10 ways videos can work for you:
1. Videos show you in the most human way currently possible. People buy from people is an old adage and it is no less true in an online scenario than face-to-face. Video is far better than face-to-face in the sense that you can craft your message to perfection and deliver it in a clear, concise way, which is not always possible in a crowded room. Cutting the message right down, people are more likely to buy from you if you use video.
2. Videos are editable. If the message you want to get across needs to change, or the people delivering it move on, then so can your video. Don’t think of videos as static, like an outdated brochure or catalogue. They are living, breathing creations that evolve.
3. People don’t have time to read through vast amounts of text. If you are, for example, a manufacturer who wants to show how a piece of kit works, it is much, much simpler to show customers a video than give them still images and words. Words can sometimes be misinterpreted but a video cannot, which is so much more important if you are selling products abroad because. Videos build trust in your brand.
4. Video makes for more engaging emails. These days, everyone’s inbox is filled with all kinds of messages. From colleagues, family perhaps as well as social media notifications and marketing emails. These days you have to do so much more to stand out from the crowd. Video can help you to be noticed… and for your emails to be opened. Statistics clearly show that videos help achieve much better email opening rates than text and images alone.
5. Video works hand in hand with your social media campaign. YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google, receiving some 4 billion views every single day. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram encourage video and people have an insatiable appetite for it, precisely because it is more engaging. Once viewers start engaging with your brand and sharing your content, they are on a road that can take them to buying.
6. You will stand out from the crowd. The human brain remembers more from images than text. Therefore, it goes without saying that if you have a more engaging video than your competitors, you are more likely to win a viewer’s trust and custom.
7. Improve your search engine optimisation (SEO). If there is a video on your web page, it is much more likely to rank on the first page of Google for your target search term. Visitors to your website will stick around for longer to watch a video. The longer they hang around, the more likely they are to engage with your brand.
8. Humans are emotional creatures and react to videos that engage them. That doesn’t mean of course that your video has to contain a cute kitten to make people watch it and engage but the underlying driver is clear. When you have a compelling video it engages people and naturally increases interest in your brand.
9. Videos can explain all kinds of things. Did you know that if you Google “How to put on a duvet cover”, you will find an array of videos to explain how to do it. If you have to explain something on a repeated basis, from introductory videos to new joiners at your business to training room introductions at your organisation, video can take on the burden.
10. Videos are always available for your customers and potential customers. People are always connected with their smartphones, answering emails in the early hours and watching video content. When your doors have closed and there is no human on the end of the phone, videos are there for you.
So there you have it… 10 brilliant ways that videos work for you.
Now we’ve got you thinking, we’re sure that you’ll be thinking of even more ways to use video. It’s versatile, multi-faceted and doesn’t have to be confined to marketing. How about videos that can be used in training and to explain repeated information, say visitors to your organisation?
If you need some more great reasons to delve further into the irrepressible power of video, visit http://www.movey.co.uk/ for more information.