Woman’s shock at being reunited with her i-Phone after it spent a month in the sea – and it still WORKS

August 3, 2016 | by | 0 Comments
Stacey Sarre with her recovered iPhone (Stacey Sarre / SWNS)

Stacey Sarre with her recovered iPhone (Stacey Sarre / SWNS)

A woman who lost her cherished iPhone in the sea got it a back a month later – and it STILL WORKED.

Stunned Stacey Sarre, 47, dropped the handset on the beach as she walked her dog.

It was swept out to sea and she had given up hope of ever finding it.

But the iPhone 5S was found by metal detectorist Mihal Stratulat who spent several days drying it out before it flickered back into life.

He was able to see who it belonged to – and phoned Stacey to let her know he had it.

Remarkably, the phone is back in full working order despite a month in the water off Gorey beach on Jersey.

Mother-of-two Stacey said: “I lost it while walking my dog. I was wearing my husband’s jumper and it has really big pockets.

“I didn’t realise I had dropped it when I tripped over my puppy.

“It was not until I got back that I phoned it and it and thought it had fell out of my pocket in the car.

“But then I went on my iPad and saw that it was on the the beach. I took the kids Nokia and went to the beach to ring it.

“Then a woman came up to me and asked me what I was looking for. She said I should sign into her phone using my Apple ID to track it.

“I said that was a fantastic idea but saw that it was out at sea – you could see it coming in and out with the waves.”

(Stacey Sarre / SWNS)

(Stacey Sarre / SWNS)

Stacey gave up as she believed the phone to be long gone – and bought a new one.

She added: “Nothing has been lost on it and it is now working just as before. How amazing is that?”

Mother-of-two Stacey lost the phone when she strolled along the beach and tripped over her puppy, Bru.

Her phone fell out of her pocket and she didn’t realise it had gone missing until she returned home.

She returned to the beach where a passerby with a tracking app tried to find it for her.

The GPS signal showed it being swept in and out by the waves but Stacey couldn’t see it.

She said: “We could see the signal of the phone was going in and out.

“The water was up to my knees and I thought ‘I’m not going out to get it’.”

Stacey gave it up for lost until she got the call from Mihal who had found it buried in the sand at the water’s edge.

He said: “My wife told me to put it in the bin after two days of it not turning on – but then it came on and I couldn’t believe it.”

Category: News

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy