Mum Releases Shocking Video Of The Moment Her Four-Year-Old Was Seriously Injured By Rogue Firework At Home

October 13, 2017 | by | 0 Comments
The mother of a four-year-old girl badly burned by a firework has released this shocking picture of her daughter's horrific injuries.

The mother of a four-year-old girl badly burned by a firework has released this shocking picture of her daughter’s horrific injuries.

A mum has released shocking video footage of the moment her four-year-old daughter was scarred for life when a firework exploded in her face.

Stephanie Roe was hosting a fireworks display at home last November when a rocket flew sideways instead of up and exploded in Maisie’s scarf.

Little Maisie, now five, suffered severe burns and will be scarred for life.

Stephanie, 31, a police officer, decided to release the video as a warning to other parents about the dangers of fireworks.

The footage – which has already been viewed several thousand times since being posted on facebook – shows the heartbreaking moment the incident occurred and the screams of distress from all who were there.

Stephanie Roe pictured in hospital as she recovers from being hit in the neck by a firework.

Stephanie Roe pictured in hospital as she recovers from being hit in the neck by a firework.

Stephanie, from Combe Martin, Devon, said: “As a family we have thought long and hard about releasing this footage.

“I stood and filmed what happened that night thinking it would just make another part of a happy Facebook post with the kids enjoying some newsagent fireworks in the back garden.

“I still can’t watch this video without feeling sick because I know how those small, silent, back garden fireworks changed our lives forever.

“But, knowing that those same fireworks will be on sale in newsagents and supermarkets across the country imminently, I feel it’s my duty as a mother to share what happened to us.”

After being injured Maisie was transferred to Bristol Hospital where she has been receiving treatment for her severe burns ever since.

Some of her horrific injuries are “full-thickness” burns, that are likely to require skin grafts.

Stephanie Roe pictured with her daughter Maisie Roe before  she was hit in the neck by a firework.

Stephanie Roe pictured with her daughter Maisie Roe before she was hit in the neck by a firework.

Stephanie added: “There are amazing professional displays all over the country, please consider going to one of those as opposed to fireworks in the garden this year.

“As a mother who had to watch her tiny child endure so much pain and who’s little body is scarred for life, I can hand on heart say it is never worth the risk.”

Stephanie has also urged people to sign a petition calling for stricter laws on the sale of fireworks to the public.

The petition, initiated by Mike Old in October last year, calls for the Government to “ban the sale of fireworks to the public and only approve organised displays”.

It has attracted more than 168,000 signatures.

Stephanie Roe pictured in hospital as she recovers from being hit in the neck by a firework.

Stephanie Roe pictured in hospital as she recovers from being hit in the neck by a firework.

SWNS_FIREWORK_TODDLER_04

Maisie has already undergone surgery to remove skin “from the back of her little legs” and graft it over the burns.

Although she will be scarred for life and is still undergoing treatment, Stephanie says Maisie has made an “amazing” recovery and doesn’t have a “care in the world”.

She added: “We are amazed by how much love has been shown to our little girl.

“She continues to improve day by day and is most certainly back to the gorgeous fire cracker she was before in every way short of physically.”

Category: News

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy