Entire family jailed after horrific attack on man in nightclub row

May 29, 2013 | by | 0 Comments

An entire family has been jailed over an horrific attack on a man who was so badly beaten his mother failed to recognise him.

Joe Bath, 26, was targeted by the family of his ex-girlfriend Jade Cekic, 22, after a row in a nightclub last August.

Minutes after the bust-up Jade’s brother Lee Cekic, a former boxer, arrived at the club and persuaded Joe to get into his car.

Joe Bath after he was attacked

Joe Bath after he was attacked

Lee Cekic who beat Joe to a pulp

Lee Cekic who beat Joe to a pulp

Cekic, 24, then took him on a terror ride before beating him to a pulp that left him on the brink of death.

Joe was stabbed in the head and all over his body with a car key, knocked unconscious twice and suffered a fractured skull.

He was beaten so badly his mother failed to recognise him when he lay in his hospital bed.

Savage Cekic torched his car in a bid to cover up the assault, thinking he had killed his victim.

His family then took part in an attempted cover-up which started with his father Negovan, 52, collecting his son in his Mercedes.

The pair were stopped by police with Lee still reeking from the petrol he had used to destroy his car and he was taken in for questioning.

Jade – who had a young daughter with Joe – lied to police about what she had been wearing at the club in Margate, Kent.

And her mother, Paula Cekic, 43, deleted incriminating texts and lied about knowing where her husband had gone.

Her violent son was jailed for ten years at Canterbury Crown Court on Tuesday after admitting causing grievous bodily harm with intent and false imprisonment.

Judge Adele Williams also ordered him to spend a further five years on licence and said he had beaten his victim ‘to a pulp’.

His parents Negovan and Paula and sister Jade were all jailed for 21 months after admitting attempting to pervert the course of justice.

After the case Joe’s mother Deborah Bath said: “When I first saw my son in hospital I didn’t recognise him.

“I almost walked past him. I thought he was going to die.”

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham said: “It was a sickening and violent attack which left the victim with horrendous injuries and he will be scarred for life.

“The offender’s parents and his sister then assisted Lee in attempting to cover up this crime giving false statements to the police and trying to shift the blame elsewhere.”

Category: News

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy