Drinker taken to hospital after friends tape him to chair and leave him outside

May 13, 2010 | by | 0 Comments

A pub regular was taken to hospital and treated for exposure after drunken high-jinx went wrong and he was tapped to a chair and left outside in freezing temperatures.

The drinker was dragged outside in a stupor before being taped to a chair and left on the pavement outside the Talbot Inn in Bideford, Devon

But he got so cold that police who spotted him had to call an ambulance to take him to North Devon District Hospital over fears he would die.

Officials at Torridge District Council have now given landlord Christopher Robson a ”yellow card” and he could lose his licence if there are further problems.

Councillor Andy Boyd, chairman of the licensing committee, said the incident in February was the ”last straw”.

He said: ”It was clearly a case of high jinx which could have gone seriously wrong. It was a very cold day and this man was drunk, unconscious and exposed to elements.”

A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police added: ”The police will always take strong action against any premise that breaches licensing conditions.”

Tags: ,

Category: Uncategorized

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy