Bragging Machete Attacker Who Posted Selfies From Prison Has Facebook Page Taken Down By Ministry Of Justice

September 26, 2017 | by | 0 Comments
Martin Grant facebook post shows him smiling for prison selfies.

Martin Grant facebook post shows him smiling for prison selfies.

A muscle-bound thug serving 11 years for a savage machete attack has had his Facebook page removed – for posting SELFIES from his cell.

Bragging Martin Grant, 27, was jailed in May after almost hacking off a man’s hand in a drugs row.

He smuggled a phone into his cell and in the four months since has posted numerous grinning selfies to his Facebook page showing off his bulging muscles.

Brazen Grant also asked his 373 Facebook friends how he could watch the Floyd Mayweather – Conor Macgregor boxing clash last month from his phone.

And he even posted about a row he had with Vodafone customer care over the phone – whilst trying to top-up his phone credit.

Martin Grant facebook post shows him smiling for prison selfies.

Martin Grant facebook post shows him smiling for prison selfies.

The Ministry of Justice has now stepped in and taken “immediate action” to have the content taken down.

A Prison Service spokesperson said: “This behaviour is completely unacceptable.

“We are clear that those who break the rules will be punished and can face extra time behind bars.”

Taking a mobile phone into prison is a criminal offence, as is transmitting sounds or images from within a prison using a mobile phone.

But the possibility of an extra two years behind bars for the offence did not seem to stop Grant.

Since last November when the Ministry of Justice put detection measures in place, over 13,000 mobile phones and 7000 Sim cards have been recovered from prisons.


The Prison Service added: “We are taking decisive action to find and block mobile phones in prison.

“This includes a £2 million investment to block mobile phone signals.”

Grant, from Stockwood, Bristol, pleaded guilty in May this year at Bristol Crown Court, to grievous bodily harm with a machete.

The court heard how he attacked Neil Winterson in August 2016 while the pair were on their way to score drugs.

Grant hit him in the head, in the street leaving him with blood coming out of his ear and left him with a partially severed right wrist.

Detective Constable Lee Booker said: “He only stopped when two brave members of the public saw what was happening and intervened.

“I have no doubt the selfless actions of these two saved the victim’s life.”

Category: News

Add your comment

Libellous and abusive comments are not allowed. Please read our House Rules

For information about privacy and cookies please read our Privacy Policy